discuss@lists.openscad.org

OpenSCAD general discussion Mailing-list

View all threads

New and a question

FH
Father Horton
Sat, Jul 3, 2021 1:03 AM

If what you're after is an arbitrary eight-sided polygon, then you're stuck
with doing a lot of messy trig. If there are regularities in it (e.g., the
figure remains symmetric), there's still trig, but less of it.

If what you're after is an arbitrary eight-sided polygon, then you're stuck with doing a lot of messy trig. If there are regularities in it (e.g., the figure remains symmetric), there's still trig, but less of it.
MichaelAtOz
Sat, Jul 3, 2021 1:24 AM

Terry,

The Mailing-list Archive is not a Forum, I presume you are referring to it.
To save confusion, call it Empathy. (THE Forum is not dead yet, it's Schrodinger)

I did mention posting via Empathy had limitations. Gmail via web is probably your better option
(with your previously mentioned considerations).

Note that the format of the Empathy post/email is actually stored correctly for posterity,
it is just badly displayed.

But as I've said, things are not likely to get fixed in a hurry,
so for now it is probably not worth noting such things, unless they are critical.

Michael