discuss@lists.openscad.org

OpenSCAD general discussion Mailing-list

View all threads

Re: Using OpenSCAD for 2D Floor Plans

jon
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 1:44 AM

Puzzling in many ways.

First off, this is the first time I've seen this thread, despite the
fact that the bottom contains "OpenSCDAD mailing list" for three
separate messages.  I thought I was on that mailing list, so why did I
miss the first three parts of this thread?

Secondly, all of the contents of this thread disappeared when I
attempted to do a Reply All; so I would not be surprised if my comments
are difficult to understand.

Up until recently, I saw a lot of OpenSCAD traffic via email, but not so
much in the past month or so.

No idea what is going on.

Jon

On 10/9/2021 9:34 PM, Trevor Orr via Discuss wrote:

OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to discuss-leave@lists.openscad.org

Puzzling in many ways. First off, this is the first time I've seen this thread, despite the fact that the bottom contains "OpenSCDAD mailing list" for three separate messages.  I thought I was on that mailing list, so why did I miss the first three parts of this thread? Secondly, all of the contents of this thread disappeared when I attempted to do a Reply All; so I would not be surprised if my comments are difficult to understand. Up until recently, I saw a lot of OpenSCAD traffic via email, but not so much in the past month or so. No idea what is going on. Jon On 10/9/2021 9:34 PM, Trevor Orr via Discuss wrote: > _______________________________________________ > OpenSCAD mailing list > To unsubscribe send an email to discuss-leave@lists.openscad.org
MichaelAtOz
Mon, Oct 11, 2021 10:43 PM

Jon,

You can see all the other posts here:
https://lists.openscad.org/empathy/thread/QAXRTEPS2J676U3QMFIS3FERNI3TMPEI

Spam folder, or other mail 'security' system doing something??
The Mailing-list is a simple beast, it is unlikely to be the problem.

Your post shows separately:
https://lists.openscad.org/empathy/thread/HKVNXYD2R5FGWEUKMMWE72PSTBQZEATD

This usually means something in your email processing sequence removes or modifies email headers,
but the new Mailing-list is not as good at matching threads as the old one.

There was a lull in emails in early October.

Secondly, all of the contents of this thread disappeared when I
attempted to do a Reply All;

Your email Header: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"; format="flowed"

I'd guess you are sending as 'plain' emails, not MIME.
Any MIME content gets removed.
Trevor's email was MIME.

so I would not be surprised if my comments
are difficult to understand.

Below is all I got from you.

--
https://www.avg.com

Jon, You can see all the other posts here: https://lists.openscad.org/empathy/thread/QAXRTEPS2J676U3QMFIS3FERNI3TMPEI Spam folder, or other mail 'security' system doing something?? The Mailing-list is a simple beast, it is unlikely to be the problem. Your post shows separately: https://lists.openscad.org/empathy/thread/HKVNXYD2R5FGWEUKMMWE72PSTBQZEATD This usually means something in your email processing sequence removes or modifies email headers, but the new Mailing-list is not as good at matching threads as the old one. There was a lull in emails in early October. > Secondly, all of the contents of this thread disappeared when I > attempted to do a Reply All; Your email Header: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"; format="flowed" I'd guess you are sending as 'plain' emails, not MIME. Any MIME content gets removed. Trevor's email was MIME. > so I would not be surprised if my comments > are difficult to understand. Below is all I got from you. > -----Original Message----- > From: jon [mailto:jon@jonbondy.com] > Sent: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 12:45 > To: Trevor Orr via Discuss; A. Craig West > Cc: Trevor Orr; OzAtMichael; Torsten Paul > Subject: Re: [OpenSCAD] Re: Using OpenSCAD for 2D Floor Plans > > Puzzling in many ways. > > First off, this is the first time I've seen this thread, despite the > fact that the bottom contains "OpenSCDAD mailing list" for three > separate messages.  I thought I was on that mailing list, so why did I > miss the first three parts of this thread? > > Secondly, all of the contents of this thread disappeared when I > attempted to do a Reply All; so I would not be surprised if my comments > are difficult to understand. > > Up until recently, I saw a lot of OpenSCAD traffic via email, but not so > much in the past month or so. > > No idea what is going on. > > Jon > > > On 10/9/2021 9:34 PM, Trevor Orr via Discuss wrote: > > _______________________________________________ > > OpenSCAD mailing list > > To unsubscribe send an email to discuss-leave@lists.openscad.org -- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG. https://www.avg.com