discuss@lists.openscad.org

OpenSCAD general discussion Mailing-list

View all threads

Disabling Cache

NS
Nathan Sokalski
Wed, Feb 7, 2024 4:35 AM

Cache often causes false or outdated errors and/or warnings, as well as sometimes prevents Preview from being updated, which can be very annoying & sometimes make it harder to debug. Is there any way to disable cache?

Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.commailto:njsokalski@hotmail.com

Cache often causes false or outdated errors and/or warnings, as well as sometimes prevents Preview from being updated, which can be very annoying & sometimes make it harder to debug. Is there any way to disable cache? Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com<mailto:njsokalski@hotmail.com>
JB
Jordan Brown
Sat, Feb 10, 2024 2:05 AM

On 2/6/2024 8:35 PM, Nathan Sokalski via Discuss wrote:

Cache often causes false or outdated errors and/or warnings, as well
as sometimes prevents Preview from being updated, which can be very
annoying & sometimes make it harder to debug. Is there any way to
disable cache?

I don't believe so.

On 2/6/2024 8:35 PM, Nathan Sokalski via Discuss wrote: > Cache often causes false or outdated errors and/or warnings, as well > as sometimes prevents Preview from being updated, which can be very > annoying & sometimes make it harder to debug. Is there any way to > disable cache? > I don't believe so.
MM
Michael Marx (spintel)
Sat, Feb 10, 2024 3:22 AM

You could see what happens if you set the cache size to 0??

If you do it'd be interesting to know the performance penalty.

On 2/6/2024 8:35 PM, Nathan Sokalski via Discuss wrote:

Cache often causes false or outdated errors and/or warnings, as well as sometimes prevents Preview from being updated, which can be very annoying & sometimes make it harder to debug. Is there any way to disable cache?

I don't believe so.

You could see what happens if you set the cache size to 0?? If you do it'd be interesting to know the performance penalty. _____ From: Jordan Brown via Discuss [mailto:discuss@lists.openscad.org] Sent: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 13:05 To: OpenSCAD general discussion Mailing-list Cc: Nathan Sokalski; Jordan Brown Subject: [OpenSCAD] Re: Disabling Cache On 2/6/2024 8:35 PM, Nathan Sokalski via Discuss wrote: Cache often causes false or outdated errors and/or warnings, as well as sometimes prevents Preview from being updated, which can be very annoying & sometimes make it harder to debug. Is there any way to disable cache? I don't believe so.
NS
Nathan Sokalski
Sat, Feb 10, 2024 8:57 PM

Where would I go to set the cache size? In the Preferences->Advanced->CGAL, there are values for CGAL Cache size & PolySet Cache size. Are these the values you are referring to?