discuss@lists.openscad.org

OpenSCAD general discussion Mailing-list

View all threads

Re: Visual glitch

RW
Roger Whiteley
Sat, Jul 30, 2022 10:48 AM

If I am using multiple OpenSCAD windows '2019.05] and I select code, it
is not uncommon for the selected code to vanish, and if I don't notice
it can be gone, it doesn't go into the cut and paste buffer, it just
goes.  A swift CTRL-Z puts it back, then selection and CTRL-C works just
fine.

I'm not keen on the multiple tabbed incarnation in 2021.01 as I like to
see what I last rendered, I should probably use Preview more frequently
TBH.

My workflow doesn't really seem to work so well if I use Geany with the
OpenSCAD plug-in, I can often have six or 8 models open at any one time
so separate windows suits me so I can move them around on a dual 24inch
screen set-up.

I've not mentioned it before, I just live with it.

Roger.

If I am using multiple OpenSCAD windows '2019.05] and I select code, it is not uncommon for the selected code to vanish, and if I don't notice it can be gone, it doesn't go into the cut and paste buffer, it just goes.  A swift CTRL-Z puts it back, then selection and CTRL-C works just fine. I'm not keen on the multiple tabbed incarnation in 2021.01 as I like to see what I last rendered, I should probably use Preview more frequently TBH. My workflow doesn't really seem to work so well if I use Geany with the OpenSCAD plug-in, I can often have six or 8 models open at any one time so separate windows suits me so I can move them around on a dual 24inch  screen set-up. I've not mentioned it before, I just live with it. Roger.
GH
gene heskett
Sat, Jul 30, 2022 1:34 PM

On 7/30/22 06:48, Roger Whiteley wrote:

If I am using multiple OpenSCAD windows '2019.05] and I select code,
it is not uncommon for the selected code to vanish, and if I don't
notice it can be gone, it doesn't go into the cut and paste buffer, it
just goes.  A swift CTRL-Z puts it back, then selection and CTRL-C
works just fine.

I'm not keen on the multiple tabbed incarnation in 2021.01 as I like
to see what I last rendered, I should probably use Preview more
frequently TBH.

My workflow doesn't really seem to work so well if I use Geany with
the OpenSCAD plug-in, I can often have six or 8 models open at any one
time so separate windows suits me so I can move them around on a dual
24inch  screen set-up.

I've not mentioned it before, I just live with it.

I'm not using the older versions as the latest Linux AppImage is around
50x faster for F6. Get it from way way
down the downloads page. Whole new ball game. Sweet stuff.

However Roger, your email was empty, and I am replying to the
attachment, how did you manage that?

Roger.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

On 7/30/22 06:48, Roger Whiteley wrote: > If I am using multiple OpenSCAD windows '2019.05] and I select code, > it is not uncommon for the selected code to vanish, and if I don't > notice it can be gone, it doesn't go into the cut and paste buffer, it > just goes.  A swift CTRL-Z puts it back, then selection and CTRL-C > works just fine. > > I'm not keen on the multiple tabbed incarnation in 2021.01 as I like > to see what I last rendered, I should probably use Preview more > frequently TBH. > > My workflow doesn't really seem to work so well if I use Geany with > the OpenSCAD plug-in, I can often have six or 8 models open at any one > time so separate windows suits me so I can move them around on a dual > 24inch  screen set-up. > > I've not mentioned it before, I just live with it. I'm not using the older versions as the latest Linux AppImage is around 50x faster for F6. Get it from way way down the downloads page. Whole new ball game. Sweet stuff. However Roger, your email was empty, and I am replying to the attachment, how did you manage that? > > Roger. Cheers, Gene Heskett. -- "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940) If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/>
MM
Michael Marx
Sat, Jul 30, 2022 2:03 PM

However Roger, your email was empty, and I am replying to the
attachment, how did you manage that?

Gene, I mentioned that before, it is an artefact of the Mailing-list.
Due to some email providers being ultra strict with new SPAM security provisions, which don't work nicely with Mailman lists.
It is normal.