discuss@lists.openscad.org

OpenSCAD general discussion Mailing-list

View all threads

Re: OT - PNG jaggies

RW
Raymond West
Mon, Mar 6, 2023 7:39 PM

Thanks, but cc does not seem to import my png files. I do not have the
inclination to dig further, since i think I can get around the problem
within openscad itself, using offsets on the png surface file(translated
and projected).

On 06/03/2023 16:14, William F. Adams wrote:

If you have a high-resolution image, I would suggest tracing.

A free program which includes this feature is Carbide Create v6:

https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/download6

For information on tracing see:

https://community.carbide3d.com/t/carbide-create-image-tracing/31208

Then, once you have a vector image you can adjust it as needed and
export to an SVG which can be imported into OpenSCAD.

William

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.