[OpenSCAD] Inkscape to OpenSCAD converter needs attention

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Tue Oct 29 13:16:11 EDT 2019

On 29.10.19 18:02, Ronaldo Persiano wrote:
> This was already proposed a long time ago by Parkinbot and
> forgotten who knows why.

No, it was/is not forgotten.

On 29.10.19 17:17, nop head wrote:
> It can just be a two element vector which are the arguments
> for polygon or polyhedron. I.e. the points list and edge list.
> Why would that not cover all bases? You can do anything you
> want with the lists.

That might be enough for STL, SVG has element IDs and also
non-standard layers and maybe more structure. One option could
be to push all those to the import() statement and leave the
data access as simple as possible. But maybe it could be
useful to not parse the file many times with various filters.

ciao,
  Torsten.