[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

Robin2 robin at nbleopard.com
Tue Oct 29 07:13:23 EDT 2019

nophead wrote
> Why should OpenSCAD be limited to describing single objects? Most of my
> designs have multiple printed parts and dozens of vitamins. Why would
> another CAD tool be more appropriate?

I'm finding it difficult to explain myself.  Some of the discussions I see
here seem to involve very complex manipulations that, I suspect, would be
completely unnecessary and irrelevant in other CAD programs. It's just a
feeling I have that in some cases OpenSCAD is being pushed too far from its
essential simplicity. That's why I have been asking questions about the
intended "market" for OpenSCAD. If it gets too complicated I fear it will
lose its attraction for people who don't need a complex CAD system yet it
will still not match the capabilities of (say) FreeCad or SolveSpace.

I have no objection to people creating complex models. I reckon most of them
could be created with ClikScad (or Graphscad or Blocscad).

...R