[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 05:27:24 EDT 2019

> They seem to be much too complex for 3D printing as a single object.  I
have to say I get the impression (perhaps wrongly) that some people are
trying to use OpenSCAD in situations where another CAD program would be
more suitable.

Why should OpenSCAD be limited to describing single objects? Most of my
designs have multiple printed parts and dozens of vitamins. Why would
another CAD tool be more appropriate? I use OpenSCAD because I am a
programmer with CNC tools, not a mechanical designer. Perhaps if I was
designing something as complex as a 737 plane OpenSCAD would run out of
steam but it easily copes with anything I build. The most complex being 3D
printers with perhaps 2000 parts, 100 of them printed.