[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

Robin2 robin at nbleopard.com
Tue Oct 29 04:51:41 EDT 2019

kintel wrote
>  (e.g. are the two representations isomorphic?, how do you compose larger
> objects? how do you manage abstractions?)

Perhaps the most eloquent response I can make is that I have no idea what
you mean by that. You clearly know a great deal more about OpenSCAD and how
3D models can be represented.

I see some very esoteric discussions on this Forum but I cannot conceive of
what the models behind them will be used for.They seem to be much too
complex for 3D printing as a single object. I have to say I get the
impression (perhaps wrongly) that some people are trying to use OpenSCAD in
situations where another CAD program would be more suitable.

> * Bundling such an editor with OpenSCAD

I don't see any need for it in the near term. What could be useful for
beginners is a page that can be accessed from the Documentation index
(http://www.openscad.org/documentation.html?version=2015.03) that has links
to the various graphical front ends that are available and, perhaps, some
guidance to help someone understand their differences and encourage people
to try that approach to using OpenSCAD.

Many thanks fr your interest,

...R