[OpenSCAD] Proposal for extensions to the OpenSCAD syntax

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Mon Oct 28 14:27:57 EDT 2019

On 28.10.19 19:11, nop head wrote:
> Why do you need to automatic select between drawing
> an object and making a hole for it?

To give all those people asking for it a solution
that works? I don't know if it's possible but if it
is, I think that would help people who just want
to combine a couple of modules from a library they
did not write themselves.

> To me they are completely separate operations and
> I am quite happy to code two separate modules and
> call them from different places.

That's fine, nobody is going to take that away. But
please consider there's a large number of users who
have quite different use cases, specifically much
simpler ones. If we can make the life of those users
easier, that's a good thing.

ciao,
  Torsten.