[OpenSCAD] Proposal for extensions to the OpenSCAD syntax

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 14:11:38 EDT 2019

Why do you need to automatic select between drawing an object and making a
hole for it? To me they are completely separate operations and I am quite
happy to code two separate modules and call them from different places.
E.g. I normally subtract the holes from a  panel and then later on I add
the object to the panel to make an assembly. If the panel is part of a 3D
printed object then the hole subtraction is done in 3D but if it is a
milled sheet then the the subtraction is done in 2D and extruded for the
assembly view.