[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Mon Oct 28 12:36:51 EDT 2019

On 28.10.19 14:47, Robin2 wrote:
> And on the subject of $variables, even though it was
> not the primary reason for choosing to use them, they
> offer a very convenient means to trigger a popup from
> which the user can select them and avoid the risk of
> typing errors. So they will be staying. That may
> offend some programming purists but I don't believe
> it will cause any irreparable damage to anyone's model.

It's not about purists or style.

Using $ variables means fundamentally different behavior.

All I'm saying is: Don't use them because the *look*
cute. If usage matches the intended behavior, that's
fine.

Or in other words, be aware of the effects to not get
something similar to
https://geekandpoke.typepad.com/geekandpoke/2012/04/simply-explained-gv.html

ciao,
  Torsten.