[OpenSCAD] Node editing systems for 3D and drawing

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Sun Oct 27 18:17:35 EDT 2019

Instead of "Node editing system", I would suggest the more general term "Visual programming language".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_programming_language

There is a (very incomplete) list of visual programming languages in that Wikipedia article.

For example, Sketch-n-sketch belongs in your list: it is a programming language for generating SVG models, which also lets you edit your source code by direct manipulation of the SVG model that is produced as the output. But, it isn't a node-editing system. The authors call it a "direct manipulation programming system", but I think it belongs in the category of visual programming languages.

https://ravichugh.github.io/sketch-n-sketch/