[OpenSCAD] DXF for cut and engrave

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Sat Oct 26 22:09:53 EDT 2019

Just to clarify, in my proposal the cutting layer only contains solid 2D objects with non-zero area. It does not contain zero-width paths. This is because we are modelling the solid objects that we are cutting out of a sheet of material using the laser cutter. When we preview our model, we see the solid objects that we are cutting out (from the cutting layer), overlaid with the objects in the engraving layer.