[OpenSCAD] DXF for cut and engrave

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Sat Oct 26 17:16:49 EDT 2019

On 26.10.19 21:11, Parkinbot wrote:
> It can't be done within the 2D subsystem, as zero
> area objects are extinguished.

In it's current form, yes. But I think Clipper is capable
of handling open polygons just fine when told to do so.
(E.g. the SVG import uses it to generate closed polygons
by offsetting lines).

> Therefore it needs adding a 1D subsystem with new primitives
> like line() and polyline() and only the union() operator
> allowed collecting them into a list.

Using union() feels a bit misleading as it does not make
it obvious that the result is expected to be closed. I'm
not sure if polygon() is the best idea, maybe something
else is needed. But that's pretty much what I meant with
it needs to have some design to fit into the existing
logic, mapping out the possibilities.

ciao,
  Torsten.