[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Fri Oct 25 18:18:44 EDT 2019

On 25.10.19 23:52, nop head wrote:
> I don't think anybody who is a programmer would
> struggle to learn it and they are the people it
> is aimed at.

But why would we need to put a big restriction on
that and tell everyone who does not want to be a
programmer to find something else?

Modern IDEs for programming languages have lots
of GUI support and that's great. OpenSCAD does
not have much of a GUI, but all those Dialogs are
created with a GUI designer. And in general I
would hate programming C++ via notepad.

I think OpenSCAD will never turn into a point and
click program like FreeCAD. But I don't see why
there should not be additional visualization and
editing possibilities.

> somebody who is not a programmer get started but
> are there many of those that would want to use
> OpenSCAD?

Looking at the number of external tools doing
exactly that, I suppose it's not just one or two.

ciao,
  Torsten.