[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:50:51 EDT 2019

The problem is it is too sparse because typically one line of code becomes
a box. So what happens to a design that is 350 lines?

OpenSCAD is a very small language, it can all be summarised on the one page
cheat sheet. I am surprised anybody would struggle to learn the syntax but
using it to create geometry is much more complex than the language. It
requires an ability to imagine a shape and then decompose it it cubes and
cylinders, etc, and be able to understand what manifold is and do high
school level trigonometry. I don't see how replacing the text with boxes
helps with any of that. Code completion if the editor achieves more or less
the same.