[OpenSCAD] DXF for cut and engrave

Troberg troberg.anders at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 03:16:00 EDT 2019

lar3ry wrote
> I have been eying LightBurn, and have been thinking that I would buy it
> after
> changing out my m2nano board. BUt this is the first time I've heard that
> it
> offsets by half the kerf. Which direction is the offset? Generally, when I
> want to cut or engrave  line, I want it where I put it.

You can offset in either direction. It decides what is "inside" and
"outside", and then it adjusts so that the "inside" gets the correct
dimensions. The algorithm for that is basically "count from the outside,
every time you cross a shape border, it switches "inside"/"outside".
Anything which isn't a closed object isn't offset, so a single line isn't
offset, neither is a point.