[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

WillAdams willadams at aol.com
Thu Oct 24 19:41:44 EDT 2019

It's frustrating to me that OpenJSCAD does have both a desktop and web
version, but doesn't work for me.

The customizer affords at least a basic interface for parametric design, and
for naïve users to customize designs. Things which I wish were possible in
it:

 - unit conversion of customizer values when changing units --- so a design
which has a thickness of 1" would have a thicknes of 25.4mm when switched
from inches to mm
 - selectively hide/show elements
 - additional options for formatting the customizer window

The thing which is missing from Thingiverse and other project sharing sites
is integration --- I want folks to be able to customize a design in 3D using
OpenSCAD, then use Tool Path Language (tplang), or lualatex and metapost, or
some other tool to generate cut files.

Imagine if one could use: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3575705 and then
get the .c2d file from: http://chaunax.github.io/projects/twhl-box/twhl.html
without having to enter the values twice.

William