[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Thu Oct 24 17:42:19 EDT 2019

On 10/24/2019 1:38 PM, Robin2 wrote:
> I recently tried the customizer briefly and I was grossly under-whelmed - I
> will not repeat the experience. It seems to me altogether the wrong solution
> to simplification (or whatever it is trying to solve) - it certainly did not
> simplify anything for me.

Were you trying it as a model designer, or as a model consumer wanting
to customize somebody else's design?

It isn't intended to make things easier for the model designer.  If
anything, it makes things more complex.

It's intended for a consumer who wants a box that somebody else
designed, but wants it in *these* dimensions, with *these* options.
This (hypothetical?) user doesn't want to see OpenSCAD or make
significant changes to the design, just pick options within the scope
laid out by the designer.

For instance:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:421886
(Doesn't seem to work in Firefox, but seems to work in Edge.)