[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

Robin2 robin at nbleopard.com
Thu Oct 24 16:38:35 EDT 2019

OpenSCAD mailing list-2 wrote
> I'd really like to see something which:
>
>  - had both a desktop and web version,

Who is going to create it? I reckon the first thing that is needed is for
the OpenSCAD folks to acknowledge that a GUI front-end would be "a good
idea". At the moment there seems to be no "official" interest. (By the way I
don't mean that the OpenSCAD folks should write the program - just that they
would support it)

>  - had robust support for the customizer (blockscad requires one finish up
> coding it in OpenSCAD)

I recently tried the customizer briefly and I was grossly under-whelmed - I
will not repeat the experience. It seems to me altogether the wrong solution
to simplification (or whatever it is trying to solve) - it certainly did not
simplify anything for me.

>  - allowed one to put projects up on a site where others could access them
>
> William

People can do that now. There are lots of projects on Thingiverse and any
Cloud storage can make a file publicly available. There is nothing to
prevent someone creating a design with my ClikScad and posting that on the
Cloud somewhere.

...R