[OpenSCAD] OpenSCAD Tutorial - Google Season of Docs

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Thu Oct 24 13:33:16 EDT 2019

On 24.10.19 19:23, Ronaldo Persiano wrote:
> First, in my opinion, tutorial should not be as boring as
> a manual might be by trying to explain all options of a
> given language element.

Agreed. Is that looking at the old Wikibooks pages? The
current text in the PDFs is actually replacing that for
specifically this reason.
Maybe I should have not included that link in the first
place.

> For instance, when discussing cylinders it could build
> a Hanoi tower as an illustrative example using translate
> even before translate have been formally introduced.

That's a great idea. I've added this to

https://github.com/openscad/openscad/wiki/OpenSCAD-Tutorial

which I just created trying to track the suggestions
discussed in this thread.

> How many times we have used the twist argument of
> linear_extrude? Is that argument essential in a first
> description of the operator?

Yep, exactly I suspect it mainly belongs into
- The reference manual section for linear_extrude
- A how-to that shows how to create twisted vases

I guess there could be a much later section in the
tutorial too or something like tutorial with advanced
topics.

ciao,
  Torsten.