[OpenSCAD] OpenSCAD Tutorial - Google Season of Docs

Ronaldo Persiano rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 13:23:23 EDT 2019

> On 24.10.19 16:39, Ronaldo Persiano wrote:
> G) text seems more like a manual than a tutorial
>
> Could you elaborate on that? What would it need to be more
> tutorial?

First, in my opinion, tutorial should not be as boring as a manual might be
by trying to explain all options of a given language element. It should be
oriented to introduce the concepts in a more hands-on approach by
building interesting examples eventually using language resources that will
be digested later. For instance, when discussing cylinders it could build a
Hanoi tower as an illustrative example using translate even before
translate have been formally introduced. The options and arguments of
primitives should ideally be introduced to simplify or enhance previous
examples. And some of them should be postponed to the point where they are
needed to construct more elaborated examples. How many times we have used
the twist argument of linear_extrude? Is that argument essential in a first
description of the operator?