[OpenSCAD] ClikScad - create OpenSCAD models without all the typing

WillAdams willadams at aol.com
Thu Oct 24 13:27:55 EDT 2019

I've been looking at this sort of thing for a while now.

 - https://graphscad.blogspot.com/ --- this was neat in that it was a
desktop app, but the OpenSCAD code was much modified and I found that
confusing and problematic
 - https://github.com/studiotc/NodeGraphInterface --- I have an irrational
mislike of Java, and I found setting up variables in this clunky
 - https://www.blockscad3d.com/editor/# --- I've been using this quite a
bit, and greatly like it

I'd like to use OpenJSCAD, but I keep running into instances where code
doesn't seem to work.

Examples of my using BlockSCAD:

 -
https://community.carbide3d.com/t/fitted-box-design-generator-underway/13437/12
 -
https://community.carbide3d.com/t/design-into-3d-boxes-magazine-storage/16238/2

(there's some more on my GitHub)

I'd really like to see something which:

 - had both a desktop and web version
 - had robust support for the customizer (blockscad requires one finish up
coding it in OpenSCAD)
 - allowed one to put projects up on a site where others could access them

I have a URL I'd like to use for that --- designinto3d.com but I'm kind of
mystified by the whole web server hosting thing. Even better would be if the
server could run TeX/LaTeX and serve up files thusly generated.

William