[OpenSCAD] DXF for cut and engrave

Troberg troberg.anders at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 04:49:27 EDT 2019

OpenSCAD mailing list wrote
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 11:10:03AM -0700, WillAdams via Discuss wrote:
>>I have probably missed part of this discussion, but for me: I use
> openscad to design a box for a project in 3D and then I lay the pieces
> flat and send the outline to be laser-cut.

OpenSCAD is heavily oriented towards 3D-printing, and, to some extent,
leaves us laser cutter guys out in the cold, or at least requiring us to
make irritating workarounds.

For example, a line is useless in 3D-printing, but extremely useful in laser
cutting (google "living hinge" for a good example).

I really hope that considerations for laser cuttings will enter into the
plan for OpenSCAD, it would mean a lot to us. 3D-printing is just too slow,
has too small work area and too limited in materials available to be useful
for me.