[OpenSCAD] DXF for cut and engrave

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Tue Oct 22 14:08:36 EDT 2019

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 11:10:03AM -0700, WillAdams via Discuss wrote:
> There are a number of programs/tools in this space (2D programmatic drawing):

I have probably missed part of this discussion, but for me: I use
openscad to design a box for a project in 3D and then I lay the pieces
flat and send the outline to be laser-cut. One popular box has a few
markings for the buttons. I can test-fit the design in openscad and
the current processing towards something for the laser-cutting-service
is too long and error prone. I'd much rather hit "export" in openscad
and that's that. But now there are a few more steps to add the
engravings in another program. (this "too difficult" has resulted in
problems that we'd fixed by adjusting an intermediate file, getting
overwritten so that we got an old problem back).

	Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** https://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2049110 **
**    Delftechpark 11 2628 XJ  Delft, The Netherlands.  KVK: 27239233    **