[OpenSCAD] DXF for cut and engrave

kitwallace kit.wallace at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 03:41:37 EDT 2019

In my current project on fractal patterns, both the cut outlines and the
curves to be engraved are closed paths so the difference() {outline;engrave}
trick seems to work, both to preview the design and to create a single DXF
and then into (on our laser cutter) Lasercut 5.3

In a previous project to laser cut the net of a polyhedra from card with the
interior edges scored, to get actual, coloured lines, I had to resort to
generating SVG as a string output to the console to copy into Inkscape to
convert to DXF - it would have been good to have been able to output that
text directly to a file but I never found out how to.

kit