[OpenSCAD] polyholes

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 11:29:09 EDT 2019

Polyholes should always print the correct size if square holes print the
right size on your printer. If not the printers needs calibrating or the
slicer settings are wrong.

The way it works is the vertex count is reduced enough to ensure the
corners don't cut into the circle even when the plastic cuts the corner, so
the hole diameter is set by the flat sides of the polygon. They are outset
correctly to be on the circle, so if your printer prints straight lines in
the right place the hole should be accurate.