[OpenSCAD] Difference between modelling with Openscad and Freecad

Robin2 robin at nbleopard.com
Thu Oct 3 12:13:01 EDT 2019

shadowwynd wrote
> Or you can size/scale it to fit a standard size fob, which distorts the
> font.

Might it not make more sense to say "that's all Openscad is capable of".

Would a more perfect solution be used sufficiently often to justify the time
that would be required to implement it?

To my mind the attraction of Openscad is the ease with which it can be
learned. I am perfectly happy to live with some limitations on its
capability.

The important thing is to list the limitations up-front so that someone does
not waste time learning it and then run into a brick wall when they should
have given their time to learning a more traditional CAD program.

...R