[OpenSCAD] Difference between modelling with Openscad and Freecad

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 10:09:50 EDT 2019

>Computing the tangent to a curve is calculus, e.g. to create a tangential
circle.

Yes for a general curve but for a circle it is just trig.

I agree that we should be able to query the size of text because it depends
on the font. And we should be able to query the bounds of import STLs
because again it is not something we can specify.

Minkowski should be fast for convex shapes because all you need to do is
hull the sums of all the pairs of points. For a concave shape you need to
decompose it into convex shapes and union the hulls. I think this what
takes forever in CGAL.