[OpenSCAD] Difference between modelling with Openscad and Freecad

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 07:32:52 EDT 2019

I just don't come across that in practice. If an object has an important
dimension, that is usually input parameter of the object, so even if it is
created with an intersection, or a difference, the part that does the
removal has to be positioned so that it gives the required important
dimension. That may need some trig but it is never more than I learned at
high school 40 years ago and can still remember, so I wouldn't call it
complex. Just a bit of triq and some circle intersection equations that I
Google for.

Why would you do some arbitrary intersection and then try to find the
resulting dimensions?