[OpenSCAD] Difference between modelling with Openscad and Freecad

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 07:20:44 EDT 2019

I express all the properties I need for my objects with functions and
modules. Each parametric object is represented by a list with a set of
accessor functions, so nothing is specified twice and I don't need to query
the geometry. All the important features of an object are built with its
accessor functions. It is a bit clunky as there is a lot of boiler plate to
write but it is very simple code in a simple language, so should be easily
understood.

Syntactic sugar would be object.property instead of
object_property(object). Function literals will allow functions to be
embedded in the property list, so objects can be polymorphic.