[OpenSCAD] Difference between modelling with Openscad and Freecad

Steven Dick kg4ydw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 07:21:03 EDT 2019

What OpenSCAD is missing that traditional cad programs have is the
ability to "snap". two pieces together.

Sure you can keep track of where you put the holes, etc., but
something like intersection() creates new surfaces that may be
difficult to find the edges and surface tangents of, may require
complex trigonometry and/or geometry to calculate...