[OpenSCAD] Extending OpenSCAD from assembler to C or Perlish language and adding standard library

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Wed Oct 2 16:35:34 EDT 2019

On 02.10.19 21:26, Robin2 wrote:
> The sort of GUI I have in mind is relatively simple -
> just allowing the user to select things like CUBE or
> TRANSLATE with the click of a mouse rather than by
> typing the words and all the appropriate brackets and
> commas. That would not interfere in any way with the
> philosophy of Openscad.

That sounds a bit like the library support I played
with long time ago.

http://files.openscad.org/video/screencast-library-window.webm

This is reading the parameters from the modules defined
in the library and presents those as list when the
library is included in the design.
When selecting a part it gives input fields to the user
for specialization of the part parameters.

It's only a simple one-way drag&drop into the text
editor though.

ciao,
  Torsten.