[OpenSCAD] Difference between modelling with Openscad and Freecad

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 13:13:14 EDT 2019

> That seems to me a very narrow marketing concept.

Nothing is for sale here.

>I agree that professional engineers are not the target market but
shouldn't the Openscad community be looking for ways to get as many
hobbyists as possible to use Openscad - even if they are not programmers?

I don't know. I would never recommend it to anyone that isn't a programmer,
particularly now that there are good free CAD tools, both open and closed
source. Writing software is a very slow process and so is designing objects
with OpenSCAD. When I see what James Bruton knocks up with Fusion360 I
realise it is much more productive that coding in OpenSCAD.