[OpenSCAD] Extending OpenSCAD from assembler to C or Perlish language and adding standard library

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 21:15:42 EDT 2019

One of the benefits of OpenSCAD is the quicker preview.
One of the deficits is the lengthy render.
It is the mix that makes it more usable.
The problem with render is it is single threaded, while there have been
attempts at multi-threading, the latest sometimes/often works (on Windows)
or frequently doesn't (Linux). Hopefully this will be workable in the
future.
Even with working multi-threading it will not speed-up render to be
comparable to preview.

So we need to retain the two-phase approach.
Any language redesign needs to factor how the workload stays efficient in
preview but can also be allocated across threads in (future) render.