[OpenSCAD] Using OpenSCAD to drive milling

Alex Gibson alex at alexgibson.net
Tue Oct 1 18:09:22 EDT 2019

In case it helps you, the type of milling it’s possible to do with this is often called “2.5D” meaning it can move in 2 axes, x and Y, and plunge to a depth in Z, but from above only.  It’s not impossible to cut under an overhang but this involves some clever and careful use of a specific tool bit, and wouldn’t be the first thing I’d try on a machine like this…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.5D_(machining)

+1 for fusion360 as a good tool to use with this, though I am a relative newbie myself.

Alex Gibson

admg consulting

edumaker limited

·         Project management

·         Operations & Process improvement

·         3D Printing