[OpenSCAD] Extending OpenSCAD from assembler to C or Perlish language and adding standard library

Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Tue Oct 1 16:30:32 EDT 2019

On 10/1/2019 1:08 AM, Robin2 wrote:
> But then I got tired of all the typing and realised that I can have
> the best of both worlds. I don't want to discourage the people who
> prefer to type in their code. But I think that a front-end that allows
> the lazy (like me) to avoid it would be a benefit.

I'm not understanding how to have the user describe geometries in a way
that isn't more onerous than the current scheme.

In your user interface, how would you do this?

cylinder(h=10);
translate([0,0,10]) {
    rotate([0,90,0]) cylinder(h=10,center=true);
    rotate([90,0,0]) cylinder(h=10,center=true);
}

And even more so, how would the user describe what I would really do, to
automatically retain the relationship between the components:

size=10;
cylinder(h=size);
translate([0,0,size]) {
    rotate([0,90,0]) cylinder(h=size,center=true);
    rotate([90,0,0]) cylinder(h=size,center=true);
}