[OpenSCAD] Rotating 3d object

Ian Nichols ian.a.nichols at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 08:57:43 EST 2019

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 07:37, woodslanding <temiqui at gmail.com> wrote:

> the part has to be cut out such that the movement doesn't interfere with
> it.
>
> I didn't give enough detail, sorry, but I approximated it, and it works.

Ah, I see.  In that case, what I would do is get out a calculator and work
out the diagonal of one of the largest faces of your angle bracket & make a
cylinder with that radius and height equal to the thickness of the bracket
extrusion.  Then make another cylinder with a radius equal to the diagonal
of one of the smallest faces (i.e. the edge of the extrusion) with a height
equal to the overall width of the bracket.  The union of those two is the
shape you want.  You may need to modify this depending on your chosen
rotation axis ;)

Hope that makes sense.

Ian

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer