[OpenSCAD] Monitor Mount

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Sat Nov 23 21:26:17 EST 2019

I wrote a module specifically to handle this sort of problem.  My module,
offset_sweep, constructs a polygon from a set of polygons offset from a
given polygon.  You have to supply the starting shape as a point sequence
rather than geometry.   I contributed by function to the BOSL2 library.

Here's the code:

include<BOSL2/std.scad>
include<BOSL2/rounding.scad>

fillet_radius = 10;
mount_width = 15;
mount_length = 75;

rectangle = square([mount_width, mount_length],center=true);
round_rectangle = round_corners(rectangle, measure="radius",
size=mount_width/2,$fn=64);
cuboid([200,100,10],anchor=TOP);
offset_sweep(round_rectangle, height=50,
bottom=os_circle(r=-fillet_radius));

And here's the result, which previews in 1s and renders in 3s on my machine.

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t2477/round_thing.png>