Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Fri Nov 22 13:00:14 EST 2019

Here's a stupid little feature that I often want:  a "clip" operator
that cuts away everything on one side of a plane.

Yes, you can do this with difference or intersection with a big cube,
but I find it ... aesthetically unpleasant ... to have to decide how big
the cube should be.

At its simplest (and probably as a default) it should just cut away
everything where Z<0, so
    clip() sphere();
gives a half-sphere above Z=0.

That's enough, but for extra credit let the caller specify a normal
vector (as for mirror()), or for double extra credit a point and normal
vector so as to define a plane and an orientation.