[OpenSCAD] Monitor Mount

arnholm at arnholm.org arnholm at arnholm.org
Fri Nov 22 09:03:56 EST 2019

On 2019-11-22 13:36, ats3788 wrote:
> How an we do The Soft connection to the plate in OpenSCad
> <http://forum.openscad.org/file/t2425/Monitor_Mount.jpg>

Determine the fillet radius r and add 2*r thickness in all directions to
the parts mentioned below.

Union two "plates" defined as cubes. One for the "horizontal plate" and
one for the "vertical". No holes or cutouts at this stage, but add 2*r
to all directions so we can "machine" away a thickness of r on all sides
later and obtain the correct dimensions.

Create a cube enclosing the unioned parts 100% and subtract the unioned
parts from it. You now have a cube with an internal void shaped by your
object. Run minkowski() on that using a sphere with the required fillet
radius. Subtract the result of minkowski() from your original union. Now
you have two parts with a fillet with given radius between them.

Punch the holes as required.

Carsten Arnholm