[OpenSCAD] degenerate polyhedron faces ok?

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 18 20:24:15 EST 2019

Is it legal to give a polyhedron faces that have zero area, e.g. a face like
[ [0,0,0],[0,0,0], [0,0,1],[0,0,1]]?  Or a degenerate "triangle" like
[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,1]]?   What about a completely degenerate faces where
all vertices are equal?

In trying to implement a certain degenerate case in my code I have used some
degenerate faces and it appears to work.  (I can render, and add multiple
polyhedra to the model.)   But I wonder if there might be hidden problems.