Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Sat Nov 16 14:17:58 EST 2019

On 16.11.19 19:44, nop head wrote:
> STL isn't mean't to be an interchange between CAD
> systems, just CAD systems and slicers. I think most
> slicers would accept OBJ though, so it might be
> worth adding it to OpenSCAD.

The question is not so much if it's worth it, but if
someone cares enough to actually spend the time to
DO it.
There's an old unfinished branch waiting to be picked
up and some discussion in issue #351
( see https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/351 )

I'm not sure it's worth it. Support for more file
formats is generally not a bad idea though.

ciao,
  Torsten.