nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 13:44:15 EST 2019

How do voxel formats cope with different target machines, who's voxels
might be different sizes?

How does a voxel format represent the two cubes problem if the junction
doesn't lie on a voxel boundary?

>There is an algorithm for determining if a 3MF file is valid, and if it is
valid, then there is a documented algorithm that slicers must use for
interpreting the file.

Yes but they seem to have chosen the wrong interpretation of self
intersections. I.e. exclusive oring overlapping solids instead of unioning
them. So at least slicers will be consistent, i.e. consistently wrong, so
forcing people to fix their models if they slice it with a compliant slicer
before publishing.

Even if models on Thingiverse are valid meshes I find most of them don't
have correct size holes, so are useless to me. Only arty things come out
right but I don't have use for many of those.

STL isn't mean't to be an interchange between CAD systems, just CAD systems
and slicers. I think most slicers would accept OBJ though, so it might be
worth adding it to OpenSCAD.