macdarren macdarren at mac.com
Thu Nov 14 15:41:59 EST 2019

I would like to see improved handling of imported STL files.

I frequently have an older STL created by someone with way more skill or
more complex software and I want to change it slightly.

I don't expect complex editing, but the other day I had a solid model...it
sliced and multiple programs reported it as clean, even scad viewed it fine.
All I wanted to do was put a small hole in one side....differencing a
cylinder seemed so simple....But nothing I did would allow that to render
and export.  I ended up having to learn just enough about some other
modeling program to cut the hole then re-export the STL for printing.

SCAD just spewed random errors...the preview sometimes looked okay but there
was just no rendering...I tried all sorts of variations and different
versions of scad and 'cleaned' versions of the STL without success.