Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Thu Nov 14 13:30:53 EST 2019

On 11/14/2019 5:39 AM, Ronaldo Persiano wrote:
> How a self-intersection could be repaired? Before figuring a process
> out to do it I need to understand what outcome the process should
> have. What would be the repair of the linear_extrusion of a single
> polygon tracking the figure of an 8?

If one can address the manifold question, the answer seems like the same
answer that is used in 2D drawing programs.  Try it: draw a closed
figure 8, and then fill it.  The "inside" of the figure is the inside of
the two loops, as a human would expect.  The linear extrusion of that
then seems straightforward.  (Again, ignoring the manifold question.)

(I tried Corel Draw and Inkscape.)