MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 20:11:37 EST 2019

My contribution.

Firstly, REPRAP style FDM/FFF 3D-printing is only one target for OpenSCAD
designs.
While there may be some cause to include something that makes printing
easier, it should not impact on other uses. So this side of the argument
says don't glue co-incident faces together.

Whether some such could be included with a control mechanism, such that it
only happens when specifically asked for is another option.

TBC...