Parkinbot rudolf at digitaldocument.de
Tue Nov 12 07:26:34 EST 2019

Besides namespaces and at least a shift to OOP (overloading of modules and
functions, classes instead of use-files) I would like to see some means to
documentation and reflection in OpenSCAD.

1. the current snapshot has some sort of code complete for built-in
keywords. This could be extended to all modules, functions, variables
visible with respect to the scope. I think especially getting hints about
the signatures of modules and functions defined in libraries would be very
useful and avoid many of the new warnings about wrong parameters typos and
so on.

2. syntax for including a help system e.g.
  a)  //* myfunction() - this is the documentation of myfunction with HTML
allowed *//
  b)  help ("myfunction", "myfile.scad") to output documentation in the
console window. An attribute like "showcode=true" could also list the
definition of myfunction()

3. links to source code in warnings and errors

4. expected signatures of malused functions and modules in warnings and
errors