Rob Ward rl.ward at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 11 22:55:26 EST 2019

Aspect 3:

My wish would be for an exportable 2D view (in SVG) of an elevation (xy
or yz or zx or definable) profile that preserved the colours of the
model as seen in preview mode.

I believe someone could write a coloured plane to CAM-GCode package from
such an image for routing, milling or laser work. I hesitate to say it
would be simple only for the fact I would certainly not find it simple,
but others could find it easier? Certainly, if possible, it could
release a lot more of OpenSCAD goodness into these other worlds (eg via
Inkscape+add-ons).

It would also be handy for documentation and trial fit purposes.

Rob